Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Moist oatmeal cookies with loads of peanut butter flavor, chocolate chunks, and pecans.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
Beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended and scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
Add vanilla extract.
Combine oats, baking soda, and salt and add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
Stir in chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, and pecans.
Cover and refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfulls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press to 3/4-inch thickness.
Bake for 14 to 15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.