Funeral Potatoes with Ham
Funeral Potatoes with Ham is crowd-pleasing, delicious comfort food. The filling is rich and creamy and the whole thing is topped off with a buttery and crunchy corn flake topping.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns, defrosted
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry Ranch mix, I use Hidden Valley Ranch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (including onions), except Corn Flakes and melted butter.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix together crushed Corn Flakes and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.