A crusty Panini with 3 kinds of meat, provolone cheese and fresh olive salad.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 cup sliced olives, I use a mixture of green and kalamata
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices French or Italian bread or use ciabatta but cut horizontally
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced salami, I use genoa
- 1/2 pound Mortadella
- 1/2 pound Capicola or prosciutto
- more Pompeian Olive oil for bread
To make Olive Salad, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
Heat a Panini Grill (or a skillet or griddle).
For each sandwich, Brush the outsides of bread with olive oil and spread olive salad on the inside of both pieces of bread.
Layer desired amount of cheese and meats. Place one assembled sandwich at a time in the Panini press and cook until bread is crispy and cheese is melted. Slice in half to serve.