Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce and Sausage
Pasta with a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce and slices of spicy andouille sausage is easy enough to throw together for a weeknight meal, but tasty enough for a special occasion.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 12 ounces of pasta, cooked to al dente (reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid)
- 2 links Andouille or smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon oil, I use the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained well
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Slice sausage into 1/4-inch slices. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook sausage until browned. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
To the pan, add butter. Cook garlic and shallot in butter for 2 minutes over medium heat.
Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream. Simmer until thickened.
Add Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
Season to taste with salt.
Add pasta and toss to coat. If sauce is too thick, add reserved pasta liquid.