Spicy Chicken Fajitas
Spicy Chicken Fajitas- flavorful marinated chicken, peppers, and onions make a tasty Mexican meal. Load these fajitas up with lots of toppings for maximum flavor.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 jalapeno, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese blend, sliced avocado, salsa for serving
Combine 2 tablespoons of oil, lime juice and spices in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat it evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onion and cook until crisp-tender. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return the pepper/onion mixture to the pan. Once warm, remove from heat.
Warm the tortillas either in a nonstick skillet or in the microwave.Spoon the chicken mixture down the center or each tortilla and top with desired toppings.Serve.