Ground Beef Quesadillas
Ground Beef Quesadillas- taco-seasoned ground beef, corn, lots of gooey melted cheese, and a crispy, golden exterior make these easy quesadillas hard to beat. Pure Mexican comfort food!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sour cream, guacamole, pickled jalapenos, Cholulu hot sauce optional
Add ground beef and onion to a nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat, crumbling the ground beef as it cooks.
When ground beef is no longer pink, add the taco seasoning , tomato paste and water. Cook and stir for a few minutes to thicken.
Stir in corn and remove from heat.
On half of each tortilla, sprinkle some cheese and arrange 1/6 of the filling on top. Sprinkle with a little more cheese.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fold the quesadillas in half and cook them 2 at a time until they are golden on each side and the cheese is melted.
Cut into wedges and serve with toppings.