Bacon and Egg Chilaquiles
Bacon and Egg Chilaquiles- tortilla chips, bacon, cheese, and a creamy salsa mixture are layered and baked in the oven to form a delicious Tex-Mex breakfast or brunch. Topped with a sunny-side up egg, this is one flavor-packed meal.
- 3 1/4 cups hot salsa
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 9 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- diced red onion and sliced avocado
- extra salsa and Cholulu hot sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl stir together salsa, sour cream, and corn.
Arrange half the tortilla chips in the bottom of the baking dish.
Spoon half the salsa mixture over the chips. Top with half the shredded cheese and half the bacon.
Repeat layers of chips, salsa, cheese, and bacon.
Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile fry eggs in a large nonstick skillet.
To serve, top chilaquiles with fried eggs, cotija cheese, cilantro, red onion, avocado, and extra salsa.Serve with hot sauce if you want it spicier.