Baked Chicken and Rice with Bacon
Baked Chicken and Rice with Bacon is wonderfully creamy with lots of bacon flavor. Made with chicken thighs, it is an awesome family meal.
- 5 slices thin-cut bacon
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 small jar sliced mushrooms, drained well optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teapsoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parlsey or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place bacon strips in a single layer in the bottom of a 7x11-inch casserole dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken soup, water, mushrooms, garlic salt, paprika, dried basil, and parsley.
Place rice in a separate bowl and stir 1 cup of the soup mixture into it. Spread this mixture on top of the bacon.
Season the chicken with the seasoned salt, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning.Place on top of rice mixture. Pour soup mix on top.Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake for 2 hours 15 minutes.