Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
A creamy chicken mixture topped with tender, cheesy biscuits. Pure comfort food!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 frozen biscuits, partially thawed
Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes to soften.
Transfer onion to a large bowl. Add soup, sour cream, and milk and stir well.
Stir in chicken, peas and black pepper.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 7x11-inch baking dish.
Transfer chicken mixture to baking dish. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Arrange biscuits on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.