Molasses Baked Beans
Molasses Baked Beans are wonderfully rich in flavor and the perfect addition to your next cookout. So sweet, smoky, and delicious. A combination of pulled pork and bacon gives them lots of meaty flavor.
- 2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans, I use Bush's
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce, I use Stubb's
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper leave out if you don't want it spicy
- 1 cup chopped pulled pork
- 6 slices bacon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except bacon. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
Lay bacon strips across the top.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.Uncover and bake another 20 to 30 minutes. (If bacon is not crispy you can turn the broiler on for a few minutes.)