Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Quesadillas
Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Quesadillas have a buttery, crispy exterior with lots of gooey cheese and filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole for a really quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 pound small to medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup cooked corn, you can use canned, frozen, or fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 4 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- salsa, sour cream, or guacamole for serving
Cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet until crisp. Crumble the bacon and set it aside. Pour out all but about 1 tabespoon of the bacon grease.
Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper and cook in the bacon grease along with the green onion until pink.
Combine the bacon, shrimp and green onion mixture, corn, and jalapenos in a bowl.
For each quesadiila, sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on half of a tortilla. Add 1/4 of the shrimp mixture, spreading it out evenly. Fold the tortilla over.
Heat a little butter or vegetable oil over medium heat in a pan. Add the quesadilla and cook until golden on both sides.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.