Crab and Shrimp Etouffee
Crab and Shrimp Etouffee is chock full of seafood and has a super rich flavor. Can be made in just 30 minutes!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any pieces of shell
- rice and sliced green onion for serving
Add butter and vegetable oil to a large Dutch oven. Heat over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add flour. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until mixture turns a caramel color.
Add onion, celery, and geen pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring often.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in chicken broth and wine. Add the next 8 ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in shrimp. Cook for 2 minuutes.
Stir in crab. Cook for 3 more minutes.
Serve with rice and green onion.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g