Merry Cherry Fudge
Merry Cherry Fudge is a rich, chocolatey fudge with maraschino cherries and chopped walnuts. The combination of cherries and chocolate is a delicious one and perfect for Christmas.
- 25 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
Line an 8x8-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Blot the cherries dry with paper towels.
Place chocolate chips and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan with a heavy bottom.
Melt over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in sweetened condensed milk. Once blended, stir in cherry juice and walnuts.
Transfer mixture to prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
Immediately press the cherries into the fudge so that they are at least halfway submerged in the fudge.
Chill for at least 1 hour and then cut into squares.