Curried Chicken Chowder
Curried Chicken Chowder is so packed with flavor. Full of chicken, Yukon Gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, and edamame and flavored with curry powder, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion.
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups yellow corn, Fresh, canned, or frozen
- 2 cups uncooked, shelled edamame
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablepoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- green onion, lime wedges, cilantro for garnish
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients, excpet garnishes, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Serve with desired toppings.