Chocolate Chess Pie
This Chocolate Chess Pie will make you feel like you are sitting in your grandmother's kitchen. It is rich creamy and so sweet and full of chocolate flavor!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (9-inch) uncooked pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- whipped cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degree.
In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and cocoa powder until blended. Add eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, salt, and butter. Mix well and pour into prepared pie crust.
Bake for about 45 minutes. There will still be a little jiggle in the middle when you shake it. Cool completely before slicing. I like to chill it in the refrigerator before serving.
Serve with whipped cream.