Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole with brown sugar and crunchy pecans makes a great holiday side dish and it frees up oven space.
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into approximately 3/4-inch dice. Place in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add 1 cup water, place lid on and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
Remove lid and turn slow cooker off. Use a hand-held potato masher to mash the sweet potatoes.
Stir in the brown sugar and butter until the butter is melted. Let cool 5 minutes so that the eggs do not curdle.
While cooling, combine the topping ingredients.
Stir in the milk, vanilla extract, salt and eggs into the crock pot and sprinkle the topping on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours.