Muffaletta Pinwheels have all the flavors of the iconic New Orleans sandwich. Salami, ham, mortadella, cheese, and olive relish combine to make a tasty appetizer.
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced genoa salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced mortadella
- 1/3 pound sliced provolone cheese
- whole kalamata olives, optional
Combine all olive salad ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
Using a hand-held mixer, beat cream cheese and garlic powder until fluffy and smooth.
Spread tortillas with cream cheese, dividing it evenly between the 5 tortillas.
Spread a layer of olive salad on each tortilla and top with layers of ham, salami, mortadella, and provolone, dividing each ingredient evenly between the tortillas.
Roll each tortilla up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is fine).
Slice each tortilla roll. Top with an olive and toothpick if desired.