Layered Taco Salad
Layered Taco Salad has all the flavors of tacos piled on top of each other in a trifle dish. It's easy to make ahead for a potluck or party and it will feed a huge crowd.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen corn, cooked and cooled
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack, cheddar cheese, or a Mexican blend
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup crushed Doritos or Tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Brown ground beef in a large nonstick pan, breaking it apart as it cooks. When there is no more pink left, add the water and taco seasoning. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool.Note: If there is a lot of grease, drain some off before adding the water and taco seasoning.
In a 3-quart glass bowl or trifle dish, layer the iceberg lettuce, the bean, corn, and cucumbers.
Spread the cooled taco meat on top of the cucumbers.
In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, salsa, and lime juice.Spread on top of the ground beef.
Sprinkle cheese on top of sour cream mixture.
Make circles of tomato, black olives, red onion, and avocado.
Top with crushed Doritos and cilantro.
Serve right away or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.