Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole has all the flavors of Sloppy Joes but with a crunchy and cheesy tater tot topping. It's a quick and easy dinner the kids will love!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (30-ounce) package Frozen tater tots, you will only use 2/3 of bag
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Add ground beef, onion, and bell pepper to a large nonstick skillet. Cook, breaking apart ground beef with a wooden spoon, until it is cooked through and onions and peppers are soft.
Drain any fat. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir to mix. Bring to a simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spread mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle a little more than half the cheese on top of the sloppy joe mixture.
Sprinkle tater tots (using about 2/3 of the bag) on top and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of them.
Bake for about 25 minutes, or until tater tots are golden brown.