Crawfish Queso is the ultimate queso for Mardi Gras, gameday or any Mexican meal. This spicy cheese dip is extra creamy and can be made in under 15 minutes. It's the ultimate combo of Cajun and Mexican food!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 andouille sausage link, chopped
- 8 ounces crawfish tails, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package Velveeta, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and andouille sausage and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
Add crawfish, diced tomatoes, Creole seasoning and garlic. Cook 2 minutes. Keep warm.
In a medium saucepan heat milk until it just starts to simmer. Add Velveeta. Stir until melted. Add Colby Jack cheese and stir until melted.
Add crawfish mixture and mix in. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.