Crock Pot Hawaiian Ribs
Crock Pot Hawaiian Ribs are fall off the bone tender and covered in a pienapple-teriyaki based sauce. These ribs cook on LOW for 8 hours so this is a recipe you can leave in the crock pot all day.
- 2 small racks baby back ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2/3 cup teriyaki-style bbq sauce, I use Sweet Baby Ray's
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 green onions, sliced
Season ribs with salt and pepper. Rub ribs with vegetable oil and sprinkle with ancho chili powder.
Add 1/3 cup bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and garlic to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to mix.
Add the ribs and turn to coat in the sauce.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup bbq sauce, pineapple preserves, and ketchup. Whisk in 1/4 cup of cooking liquid from the crock pot.
Arrange ribs bone side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Brush tops of ribs with pineapple preserves mixture. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.