Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Chicken
Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Chicken is smoky with just the right amount of bourbon flavor. Made with boneless chicken thighs, the meat cooks up tender and juicy.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of chicken thighs.
Place chicken in a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot.
Stir together bbq sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, and vinegar. Pour over chicken.
Sprinkle bacon on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
Use two forks to shred the chicken.