Chicken Pesto Pizza Rolls
Chicken Pesto Pizza Rolls make a wonderfully flavored game day snack or appetizer. Refrigerated pizza crust is used to make these pizza rolls quick and easy to prepare. Serve with a side of marinara sauce to dip them in.
- 1 package Pillsbury Classic Crust Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) container refrigerated pesto
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat oil in a a medium pan and cook the onion and bell pepper until crisp tender. Set aside.
Unroll pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to flatten it some.
Spread dough with pesto.
Sprinkle with onions, peppers, chicken, and both cheeses.
Starting at a long side, tightly roll the dough up jelly-roll style.
Slice into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a lightly greased 12-inch cast iron pan. Alternately, you can put them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve with marinara sauce