Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket are a spicy, cheesy appetizer that will get gobbled up at parties and on game day. This recipe turns a childhood favorite into an adult party food.
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 18 cocktail wieners or lil smokies
- 1 egg beaten together with a little water.
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix whipped cream cheese, bacon, and jalapenos together.
Cut puff pastry into 6 equal strips (about 1-inch in width) and then cut each strip into 3 pieces for a total of 18.
Spread a spoonful of cream cheese mixture on each piece of puff pastry. Place a cocktail wiener on each piece and roll the puff pastry around it. Brush edges with egg wash and seal well. Place seam side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Brush tops of puff pastry with egg wash and place a jalapeno slice on each one.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes.