These Cheesy Potatoes are absolutely drowning in cheese sauce! They go great paired with pork, chicken, or steak. Pure comfort food!
- 5 to 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add about a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until just tender, but still a little firm.
Drain potatoes and place in a greased 2-quart baking dish.
Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle flour into pan. Stir and cook 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened.
Stir in seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Remove from heat. Add Velveeta and stir until melted. Pour sauce over potatoes.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake in a 350 degrees for 25 minutes.