Tuna Salad Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Tuna Salad Stuffed Jumbo Shells served chilled over a bed of lettuce make a great summer lunch.
- 12 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directiosn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon sugar, and black pepper.
Add remaining tuna salad ingredients and stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
In a small bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients.
To assemble, fill each shell with tuna salad and drizzle with dressing. Serve over a bed of lettuce if desired.