Smoky Jalapeno Black-Eyed Pea Hummus
Smoky Jalapeno Black-Eyed Pea Hummus is creamy, smoky, and spicy. Makes a great New Year's appetizer!
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 jalapeno, sliced, optional
Process garlic cloves and jalapeno in a food processor until finely chopped.
Add all ingredients EXCEPT olive oil. Process until smooth.
With food processor running, slowly add 2 tablespoons olive oil
Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle remaining olive oil on top. Garnish with cilatro and jalapeno slices.