Andouille Sausage Gravy
Andouille Sausage Gravy is a spicy, New Orleans-style version of the classic southern breakfast Biscuits and Gravy.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces andouille sausage (about 1 1/2 links), diced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- salt and pepper
Place a large pan over medium heat. Add the butter.
Once melted, add andouille sausage and onion. Cook until sausage is browned and onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Sprinkle flour over mixture, Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
Gradually whisk in half-and-half. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.