Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad
This Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad is an amazing mixture of fresh summer vegetables. The ingredients are very similar to a traditional Succotash, but with a mayonnaise base, the taste is very different.
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen butter beans Note: you can also use fresh beans. (I used lima beans)
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 big pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Cook butter beans according to package directions and drain and cool completely. This will take about 20 minutes.
While beans are cooking, heat grill to medium-high. Brush corn, red pepper, and onions with olive oil. Place on grill and close lid.
Turn corn every 4 to 5 minutes until all sides are charred. Flip red peppers and onion after 5 minutes and remove from grill once second side has grilled for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool and then cut corn from cobs and chop pepper and onion into ½-inch pieces.
In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix and add butter beans, corn, red pepper, onion, tomatoes, and jalapeno. Toss to combine. Sprinkle cilantro on top and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.