A wonderfully juicy strawberry cobbler with a light and fluffy topping. Serve with ice cream for a spectacular spring dessert.
- 6 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more on sprinkle on top
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- ice cream or whipped cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly grease an 8-inch pyrex dish or individual ramekins.
Combine ingredients for filling and place in pyrex dish.
To make topping, combine all of dry ingredients. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal. (I use my fingers for this. Don’t work the butter in too much or biscuit will toughen up.)
Add cream and almond extract and mix just to incorporate. Spoon filling on top. It will be clumpy- that’s OK. Sprinkle with sugar to give some shine.
Bake until golden brown and biscuit is cooked all the way through, about 30-40 minutes. If making individual servings, check after 20 minutes. Serve with ice cream.