Spicy Chicken and Corn Chowder
Spicy Chicken and Corn Chowder is loaded with chunks of chicken and lots of corn in a thick cream-based broth that's full of spicy, smoky flavor.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1 (11-ounce) pacakge frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
In a Dutch oven, heat butter until melted. Add onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in flour and paprika and cook 1 minute.
Gradually stir in broth. Add potatoes and bring to a simmer. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Stir in Worcestershire sauce, chicken, corn, red pepper flakes, and salt.
Simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and remove from heat.