Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole takes mashed potatoes to a new level. Cream cheese, butter, and sour cream make it sinfully rich and creamy.
Servings 10 servings
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes and softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a large pot and cover with one inch of water. Add salt and place over high heat. When water comes to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork. Drain well.
Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl with cream cheese, milk, butter, sour cream, seasoned salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Use an electric mixer to mix until smooth.
Stir in half of green onions and half of cheddar cheese and transfer to a lightly buttered casserole dish. Scatter remaining green onions, cheese and the bacon on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.