Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
Sausage Spaghetti Sauce is a super meaty and thick spaghetti sauce with lots of ground sausage and tomato flavor.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Johnsonville ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup water
Brown ground sausage in a large pot or Dutch oven with a heavy bottom. Drain fat.
Add onion and green pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.