Baked Beans with Smoked Sausage
Baked Beans with smoked sausage are super meaty and thick. Lots of sweetness from brown sugar, molasses, and ketchup.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 slices bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced, I use kielbasa
- 3 (16-ounces) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, I use TABASCO
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
Add onion to bacon drippings and cook until soft.
Add garlic and smoked sausage and cook until sausage is browned.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Place Dutch oven, uncovered, in oven and cook for 45 to 55 minutes, until thick.