Pimento Cheese Rice
Pimento Cheese Rice combines the flavors of pimento cheese with white rice to create a cheesy, flavorful side dish.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook until soft.
Add rice and stir and cook 1 minute.
Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
Stir in garlic powder, salt, and cayenne and reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes.