Crock Pot Buttery Bacon Green Beans
This Crock Pot Buttery Bacon Green Beans recipe turns canned beans into some of the most delicious green beans you have ever tasted. So buttery with lots of smoky flavor.
- 4 (14.5-ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspooon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Place green beans in the bottom of a 4 to 6-quart greased slow cooker.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy, adding the onion when the bacon is almost all the way cooked. Continue to cook just long enough for the onion to soak up the bacon flavor and get a little soft.
Remove bacon and onion with a slotted spoon and add to the slow cooker with the green beans. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease into the slow cooker.
Add the remainin ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Open the slow cooker and give it a stir a few times during the cooking time.