Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken is wonderfully creamy and rich and loaded with bacon, jalapenos, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup jalapeno juice from jar of pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces and softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
Place chicken in the Instant Pot and add chicken broth, jalapeno juice, pickled jalapenos, sliced jalapeno, Ranch seasoning, and pepper.
Place lid on and set to Pressure Cook or "Manual" for 15 minutes.
Do a quick pressure release. Pour all the liquid into a large glass measuring cup. Pour 1 cup back into the Instant Pot. (Save the rest in case you need to thin the sauce some.)
Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Set the lid back on and let it sit for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Stir well.
Shred the chicken. You can either shred it in the pot or remove it to a bowl or cutting board.
Stir in bacon and green onions.