Instant Pot Champagne Chicken
Instant Pot Champagne Chicken is ultra creamy, rich, and delicious. The sauce is full of mushrooms and tastes fantastic served over rice. This restaurant quality instant pot meal can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 14 minutes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup champagne or Prosecco
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5.2-ounce Boursin Cheese, any flavor
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally so you have 6 thin chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
Turn Instant Pot to "Saute" mode. When hot, add the oil. Once the oil heats up, add half the chicken. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken. Remove and set aside.
Add butter. When melted, add shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Return chicken to Instant Pot and add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper, chicken broth, and champagne.
Press "cancel" on Instant Pot. Place lid on. Make sure valve is in sealing position. Set to "Pressure Cook" for 5 minutes. Do a quick pressure release.
Remove chicken. Stir together cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of cold water and add to Instant Pot. Stir in and turn Instant Pot on "Saute". Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in cream and boursin cheese. When smooth, add Parmesan and stir until melted.Ladle sauce over chicken and serve.