Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burritos
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burritos are filled with a cream cheese mixture with shredded chicken, bacon, jalapenos, and Mexican cheese. So creamy, spicy, and good. The tortillas are pan-fried to get them crispy on the outside.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced canned jalapenos
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 package Mexican rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Vegetable oil
In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and chicken until well blended.
Stir in jalapenos, bacon, garlic powder and black pepper.
Place flour tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
For each tortilla, mound 1/6 of rice and 1/6 of chicken mixture in center. Sprinkle cheese on top. Fold side closest to you over filling. Fold the sides up and roll it away from you.
Add about 1 tablespoon of oil to a large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add 2 burritos and cook until golden and crispy on all sides. repeat with remaining burritos.