Oysters Rockefeller Bread Pudding
Oysters Rockefeller Bread Pudding is a delicious combination of cubed French bread, fennel, celery, spinach, oysters, and Parmesan cheese. There's so much to love about a savory bread pudding.
- 8 cups (1-inch) cubed French bread
- 4 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Pernod Anise, optional
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 (8-ounce) containers oysters, reserve oyster liquid and cut large oysters in half
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bread cubes on baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Place in oven for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Set aside.
Place 4 tablespoons of butter in a large pan and melt over medium-high heat. Add onion, fennel, and celery and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add spinach, parlsey, Pernod Anise, and ketchup and remove from heat.
In a large bowl whisk together eggs and heavy whipping cream Add salt, Worcestershire sauce, white pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Add bread cubes, vegetable mixture, oysters and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Gently stir together. Transfer mixture to a greased 3-quart baking dish. Cover loosely with foil.
Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top. Bake uncovered another 20 minutes.