Crab and Corn Chowder
Crab and Corn Chowder is so creamy and delicious! The corn and crab give it a little sweetness and some bacon adds saltiness.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces fresh lump crab meat, picked over
- chopped fresh cilantro
- oyster creackers
Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Leave 2 tablespoons bacon grease in the Dutch oven and cook the celery, onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno until soft.
Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring it in well.
Gradually whisk in the chicken broth. Add the corn. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Add the whipping cream, Creole seasoning, salt, pepper, cumin, and crab meat. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve topped with bacon, cilantro, and oyster crackers.