Shrimp Pasta Primavera
Shrimp Pasta Primavera is full of fresh veggies and shrimp in a creamy sauce flavored with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Can be made in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet or red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut off
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium to large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 12 ounces cooked linguine
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, red bell pepper, onion, asparagus, and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are getting soft stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes,
Add peas, corn, tomato, and garlic and cook another minute or two.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and then add shrimp. Stir and simmer until shrimp are cooked through.
Stir in Parmesan cheese, basil, and pasta. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.