Spicy Bacon Baked Beans
Spicy Bacon Baked Beans are packed full of flavor and heat and they have lots of bacon for plenty of smokiness. They are sure to be a hit at your next picnic or cookout. The heat comes from jalapenos and cayenne pepper.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium yellow or sweet onion
- 2-3 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 (28-ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Chop bacon into 1-inch pieces and cook in a large nonstick pan until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
Pour off bacon grease, leaving about 2 tablespoons in the pan. Add onion and jalapeno and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add remaining ingredients except sliced jalapeno to pan and stir to mix. Note: If pan is not big enough, mix everything in a large bowl.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle bacon and jalapeno slices on top.
Bake for 60 minutes uncovered. If you like your beans really thick, bake an extra 20 minutes.