Mini Hot Brown Tarts
The famous Hot Brown gets turned into a mini appetizer that has all the flavor of the original. These tarts are super easy to make. A crunchy filo cup is filled with a creamy and rich turkey and bacon filling.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted turkey breast
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 (15-count) boxes mini fillo shells
- grape tomatoes cut into slivers for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine turkey, bacon, and tomato in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in half-and-half. Cook until sauce thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and cheese until cheese is melted.
Pour sauce into bowl with turkey and stir to mix well.
Arrange fillo shells on a baking sheet. Fill each one with filling. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with tomato if desired.