Sausage and Rice Dressing
Sausage and Rice Dressing is loaded with pork sausage. It's a meaty rice casserole with onion, celery, mushrooms, cajun seasoning, and cheddar cheese.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice mix
- 1 pound ground pork sausage with sage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package white mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a large pan, brown sausage, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Once no longer pink, transfer it with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
To grease in pan, add butter and cook onion, celery, and mushrooms until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add to bowl with sausage.
Add rice, cream of mushroom soup, Cajun seasoning, thyme, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
Transfer mixture to a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.