Vidalia Onion Pie with Ritz Cracker Crust
Vidalia Onion Pie with Ritz Cracker Crust is a great way to showcase those spring sweet onions. It's salty, a little sweet, and cheesy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups roughly chopped Vidalia onions, or other sweet onions
- 1 1/4 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Add the 2 tablespoons of butter to a large pan and cook vidalia onion over medium heat until starting to soften. You want the onion to still have a little bite so don't cook them too long. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cracker crumbs with the 5 tablespoon melted butter and press into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
Spoon vidalia onions on top of crust.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Pour mixture over onions.
Sprinkle cheese and paprika on top.
Bake for 30 minutes.