A chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter cup surprise on the bottom covered with a peanut butter frosting and sprinkled with Reese's Pieces. A peanut butter and chocolate lover's dream!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix, plus ingredients on box
- 18 regular size peanut butter cups, frozen
- 1 box Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 18 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
Mix cake batter according to box instructions.
Place a peanut butter cup at the bottom of each cupcake liner.
Spoon cupcake batter into cupcake liners, filling 3/4 of the way.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until firm to the touch on top. Let cool.
For Frosting, combine butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in vanilla extract. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and heavy cream. Beat on high for a good 30 seconds.
Spread frosting onto cupcakes with an offset spatula or a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Sprinkle with Reese's Pieces.