Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Red velvet pancakes with mini chocolate chips and a cream cheese drizzle make a deliciously sweet breakfast for Valentine's Day or any day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Maple syrup for serving
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, food coloring, and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until combined.
Fold chocolate chips into batter
Use 1/3 cup batter per pancake cooking on a griddle heated over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides.
For Cream Cheese Glaze, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of milk and beat until smooth. Add in extra milk until glaze reaches desired consistency.
To serve, drizzle cream cheese glaze on top of pancakes and maple syrup, if desired. To make drizzling the glaze easy, place in a plastic bag and snip the corner.