Cajun Mac and Cheese with Crawfish and Andouille Sausage
This Cajun mac and cheese is spiced up with Andouille sausage and crawfish. Four types of cheese and plenty of cheesy goodness.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked crawfish tails
- 8 ounces mini penne or elbow pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Melt butter in a sauté pan. Add Andouille sausage and sauté for 2 minutes. Add onion, red bell pepper, and crawfish. Saute 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Place cooked pasta in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs and milk and pour in bowl with pasta.
Add spices and salt to pasta bowl along with crawfish mixture.
Mix cheeses in a medium bowl and set aside 1/2 cup of cheese. Add the rest of the cheese to the pasta. Mix together well and pour into prepared dish.
Sprinkle cracker crumbs and reserved 1/2 cup cheese on top.
Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.