Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
This Chicken with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce is sure to become a go-to weeknight meal. Serve it over farfalle with peas for an easy meal.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato slivers in oil
- 1 tablespoon of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened into an even thickness
- 1 (8-ounce) box farfalle or pasta of your choice, cooked to al dente
- 1 cup peas cooked
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
Gradually stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth, whisking well to avoid clumps. Add cream, tomatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute. Pour into small bowl and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
Place sun-dried tomato oil in the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Saute chicken in oil until browned and cooked through, approximately 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Add remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth to skillet and bring to a boil. Scrape any brown pieces up with a wooden spoon. Mix in reserved sauce, add chicken and remove from heat once mixture is sufficiently warmed.
Toss pasta and peas together and divide between 4 plates. Top with chicken breast and sauce.